Saffron loving the snow

Saffron loving the snow

Monday, 25 February 2013

Away last Friday and Saturday

Hi all. Last Friday I took mum away as it was part of her crimbo pressie. The idea was to stop and have a cuppa about half way and before we left home I made 2 flasks. We pulled in to some services just outside Warwick and I went to make the tea only to find I hadn't packed any teabags, what a dipstick I am. We were staying at the Premier Inn at Warwick but decided to go to Stratford Upon Avon for a look round. I can't even begin to tell you how cold it was. Mum and I did the tour bus trip for an hour, it was nice but freezing. We had dinner in the evening and managed to get warm in the P Inn. After breakfast on the Saturday morning we went to Oxford, one of my favourite places. We parked in a car park, one of the most expensive I've ever been in at £3.90 an hour. We got mum some postcards and moved the car. We decided to go into Oxford again so we followed a bus to the park and ride then headed back. You paid £1.70 in the car park then it was £2.40 on the bus, cheap at half the price. We did the tour bus here too as hubby and I haven't done that even though we visit Oxford quite often. Again nice but sooooooo cold. I love everything about Oxford, love the architecture and just the general buzz. I don't think mum was very impressed with either but then it was so cold and the flowers weren't out so it does make a difference in the summer.We had a pizza and pasta in the pizza hut in Oxford then left for home in the afternoon. We now have yet more fridge magnets. During our visit to both places it snowed, but just a tiny bit. Poppy was very happy when mummy got home. Hubby said she didn't eat and was looking out the windows for me, bless. Just a few pictures of the visit, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment