Saffron loving the snow

Saffron loving the snow

Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Saffy is fine now

Hi all, sorry for not writing sooner. With Saffy I thought I would try the "not going to the vet unless I have to route"
The day after she wasn't well she didn't have any food for 24 hours then only about 4 small meals of chicken and rice and the next day chicken and rice with dog food but with small portions to begin with then gradually back to normal. It takes a couple of days but after that she was fine and back to normal. It's a shame but thats what my old vet always said, starve for 24 hrs then bland food and little of it. Anyway, all in the past now and both girls are fine and dandy. It was mum's birthday on Monday so I picked her up from her place and she come over to me and I cooked a nice roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings for mum and hubby, a nice day was had by all. After my last lesson this afternoon I went to Sainsbury's and started spending our nectar points that we had been saving all year on our Christmas bits and pieces. It was great to get to the checkout and only pay 2p on a £44.82 shop. I had a coupon and lots of reward points. I think in total we had over £84 in rewards and closer to the time I'll get the turkey and veggies etc. I keep thinking about remembrance, poppy day 11.11.11 and feel really upset when I think about the people who gave their lives for the likes of the yobs that we have wondering around on the planet. It's all a bit closer to my heart now after visiting the WW1 graves last month, all so sad. The Menin Gate gets transformed into fields of poppies for the services that take place there. It's turned a bit colder now but I heard on the radio that it might be warming up again soon, how weird, Linda x

No comments:

Post a Comment