Saffron loving the snow

Saffron loving the snow

Saturday, 29 October 2011

Lovely sunny day today

Hi all. I gave my cousin in Oz a ring today and she is missing family, friends and England and hasn't quite settled back home yet, mind you,saying that she was pleased to catch up with her cats and family and friends in Oz. Today I was on a mission to find the headstone of the wireless operator who went down with the Titanic, aged 25 and 1 day. I heard about him from mum as she mentioned there was a memorial of someone in Godalming that went down on the ship. This all came about while I was watching Downton Abbey as they mentioned people from the Carpathia ship went to the Titanics rescue. The operator was last heard sending a signal about 2.17 and the ship went down about 2.20, very sad. I've put a couple of pictures on here if anyone want to take a look. I want to visit the museum at Godalming when I have a bit of free time. The weather here today was lovely, sunny and warm, I went out and didn't even wear a coat. Poppy is still eating everything I put down for her, such a change and I'm so happy about it. Tomorrow there are fireworks going off a short distance away from us and I know she will be terrified, Saffy on the other hand would stand on the patio and just watch the pretty bright lights, they don't worry her at all. Going to take mum and another couple of people to Dorking on Monday as long as it's not pouring with rain, bye for now, Linda x

No comments:

Post a Comment