Saffron loving the snow

Saffron loving the snow

Sunday, 17 July 2011

Today Sunday 17th July

Hi all and a good afternoon to everyone. Yesterday and today I've been painting.I don't know if I actually mentioned what I'm painting at the moment so I thought I'd let you know. We live in a 1930s semi and the doors upstairs are heavy and have a panel almost covering the whole door so when we decorated I said to hubby it might be nice to see what's underneath. He took the panels off to reveal the original doors with 4 panels. There is a big one at the top and 3 smaller panels going vertical, hope that makes sense. The doors aren't in the best shape but they do look nice. I've been painting the 2nd one but they will all need 2 or 3 coats and we have just taken the 3rd one off the hinges for hubby to start sanding down. I'm doing the painting in the summerhouse so it doesn't matter on the weather. In Guildford ATM we have the Guilfest on and it's a shame as it's been raining on and off all day yesterday and today. Stoke park turns into tent city over the weekend, such a shame for the campers. In case you don't know Guilfest is a music festival. Saying that, I hope I spelt it correctly. The house is looking nice now as we are keeping it tidier and it's been freshened up. I won't be cutting the grass which was a job for the weekend, but hey ho.Linda x

No comments:

Post a Comment