Saffron loving the snow

Saffron loving the snow

Wednesday, 20 October 2010

New puppy Poppy

Hi all, I did mention a puppy on my last post, here she is. Her name is Poppy and she's about 10 weeks old. We got her from the Irish Setter Rescue and she's a cross between an Irish and English Setter. Her mum was an Irish and her dad was an English Setter. Poppy and her parents plus about 9 siblings came from Ireland and I don't know much more about her. Mum and I picked her up on Monday and I thought she's be sick on her way home but she was as good as gold. She decided " I don't do boxes" so when mum took her out of the box she just slept for the rest of the journey in mums arms. She is almost house trained and has only had a couple of accidents in the house as the last place she was at started putting newspaper down which has helped. Saffron isn't too impressed at the moment but at least she doesn't want to stay upstairs behind the baby gate. When I brought her home she got through the gate in the back garden but I was there and saw it happen, so Tuesday hubby went to B&Q and got some wire mesh so now she's safe. Upstairs there was a bit of a gap under the baby gate so he had to put a bit of wood underneath, I'll put a picture on here tomorrow.Today she had a mad run around the garden and totally loved it. I wanted a cuddle bum and that's just what she is, fantastic.Linda x

2 comments:

  1. AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! Cutie Pie!!!!!

    She is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww, welcome to your new home lovely Poppy, she is gorgeous Linda

    Lynda x

    ReplyDelete