Saffron loving the snow

Saffron loving the snow

Sunday, 24 October 2010

Better night last night.

Hi all, a better night last night I'm sooooooo glad to say. Took the girls up to bed with me last night and Poppy went straight to the quilt on the floor next to my bed and Saffy took herself to my mums room. About 2.15am I woke up and found them both on the quilt asleep, ah bless. About 6.10am Poppy was jumping up at the side of my bed so I got up and took her into the garden then made a cuppa and watched some of the Grand Prix.By about 9.30 I was so tired I went back to bed for an hour. Today Saffy hasn't been well but still managed to play in the garden with Poppy. It's so nice to see them both prancing around playing chase. Saffy has a lot of chew toys that she still takes out of her toy box and as she's chewing on something Poppy takes it out of her mouth and walks off with it and starts chewing it for herself. I was holding my breath the first time it happened and I was waiting for the fallout but nothing happened. Saffy will pick something else and pup takes that too, Saffron is being very patient with her. I put Poppy in the indoor kennel today as hubby was in the garden doing building work, I went for a run and mum was upstairs as she hasn't been well and did she howl or what, I believe she screeched and moaned all the time I was out. I put the radio on and gave her a stuffed kong for good measure but it didn't help. Saffron was a howler when she was small and I'd never heard anything like it before, it was so funny but deafening, I don't think Poppy has quite got the same volume, YET. As I'm writing this on my laptop Poppy has just taken hubbies slipper off his foot and run off with it. Wednesday she'll be having her 2nd jab so in a week she'll be finding her feet in the big outside world. She has a squeeky boot which she seems to like and is very good at bringing it back to me. So far so good with the new puppy owning. I think I had worked myself up into such a frenzy about how awful it was going to be it doesn't seem too bad. Fingers crossed, touch wood and any other things I can think of. Love Linda x

2 comments:

  1. That's the cutest picture, of Poppy asleep...

    Aren't they cute when they howl (noise aside). Their heads thrown back and their little lips forming a circle...I remember one of our dogs doing this on a cold day, and a stream of steamy breath blowing out their rounded lips...

    Saf is such a good dog...putting up with puppy nonsense. Give her a big hug and smooch from me. Again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see them playing together. Well done on things settling so quick too.

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete