Saffron loving the snow

Saffron loving the snow

Sunday, 21 March 2010

Monkey World

Hi all, one quick answer for someone, I was looking around at Crufts, not showing. We are back now from our couple of days away and our visit to Monkey World. We have been watching the programme for a while now and part of my Christmas present from my mum was a trip to Monkey World and 2 nights in a premier inn all meals included. We had originally booked for January but that's when the snow came and we got snowed in. After getting up on Thursday and as the weather was nice we decided to go straight to M W so roughly 2hrs later we arrived. Had a quick cuppa and bite to eat then for a good look around. The food was very nice, the place was lovely and clean and the park itself was much bigger than we thought it would be. It might be very different in school holiday times though when it will be busier.We saw all the favourites from the programme and I'll add a couple of pictures including the cages the 90 capachin monkeys were in, some for 20yrs before they were rescued and brought to the park. They now have a really wonderful enclosure. I don't visit zoos although they have changed since I was young as I'm not a lover of caged animals but this is different and it was lovely to see them in such a lovely place. I'll be writing to M W telling them how much we enjoyed our visit. When we left there we went to the tank museum and when we came out of there it was raining and continued for the rest of the time we were away, not that anything stops us doing what we want to. I'll tell you about the next couple of days tomorrow. Hope all is well in blogland, Linda x

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, lucky you - on my wish list to go to Monkey World. Thanks for showing some pics too.

    Lynda x

    ReplyDelete