Saffron loving the snow

Saffron loving the snow

Tuesday, 2 March 2010

It's still daylight outstide and a lot about dogs.

Hi all and this is very early for me as it's still light outside. Had the couple of test drives mentioned the other day, so so, not sure about these 2 but now all the cars seem to merge into one. Have to pick a couple and go out in them again. Went to choir practice last night, very enjoyable and met the lady from week one and had a bit of a chat. What 2 glorious days we are having, lets make the most of it, this could be summer. Mum and I have just walked to a charity shop and I bought a necklace with seed beads so I'll break that up later and on the way back we stopped in a local church and had a cuppa. Got a couple of lessons later so back to the real world and try and earn some money. I've been looking at some of your blogs and all the ones with animals in win hands down everytime for me, especially the doggy kind. I've been around dogs since I was in a high chair when I was tiny as my grandad used to keep greyhounds. Life in my house isn't complete without a dog. They are hard work and before my mum came to live with us I never did more than 2 hrs work then I'd come home and check on the girls. I would love another dog or 2 but they are very expensive as it's not just the food it's all the insurance and things. Before Bracken was put to sleep last Feb her insurance was over £50 a month and she was on tablets over £30 a month. I think but most caring doggy people accept the cost as our pets our part of our family. A little story that you doggy people may understand. The first time I left my girls, I had the 3 in the picture at the time, I took them to the kennels and as we drove out of the gate I cried. I had to keep phoning the kennels to check they were ok and I think we were only going away for about 3 days. Our house is full of their pictures, you can't see anything much else on the pc for dogs as well. If I go anywhere and there is a dog I always have to go and say hello and hubby usually tells people I'm having my daily fix as I've left my dog at home. Oh dear I could go on for days on this subject but I think I'll sign off and go and have a bite to eat before work again. Hope I haven't bored too many people to death now. Take care, love Linda.x

5 comments:

  1. You have some lovely pieces of jewellery on your blog.
    Love the pics of your dogs. We have a lab retriever, we've had her since she was 8 weeks old and we all love her to bits. It's my first dog and I couldn't ask for a better one. Completely understand about ringing the kennels.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh a kindred soul, my house is full of dog photos and portraits too, I might have to treat you to the cross stitch Mum did of my dear Dave (one of the dogs lost to us last year)Dave was our second rescue Greyhound. I went to church today, outside was a chap with his new bedlington puppy, guess where I spent the first 10 mins?

    Lynda
    PS I dont get bored of hearing about your dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are cat people, but Linda I really do understand how you felt (and no doubt feel) about leaving your dog. When we are away I feel really guilty at leaving them and boy do they make life a misery on our return! Wandering around the place and the garden miaowing constantly. Clearly telling us off for daring to go away and abandon them, despite the fact they remained in their own home with someone who looks after them as well as we do.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi

    I have nominated you to receive the Sunshine Award - apart from having a beautiful blog, your postings are great fun to read and I love the pics of your dog.

    The rules for accepting the award are:

    * Place the logo within your blog or post
    * Pass the award on to 12 bloggers
    * Link the nominees within the post
    * Let the nominees know they have received the award by commenting on their blog
    * Share the love and link to the person from whom you received the award

    Have a great day

    Jill
    http://crafteecardz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean. When our dog had to be put to sleep a few years back it was heartbreaking,I didn't know what to do with myself. Since then we've had another 2 kids so our hands are full at the moment but when the baby is a bit older we will be adding to the family once again(a canine that is!!)

    Emma

    ReplyDelete